Monday, August 5, 2013

Sunday

I blinked my eyes in the soft rays coming through the lacy curtains. I slid out from under the thin sheet, the silky fabric cool against my skin. Ben didn't stir, his mouth drooped to one side in an uncanny impression of Homer Simpson. I silently gather my belongings as I make my way to the shower. The floor is dry. Am I the first one up? I let the warm water wash away my sweat from the warm night and tiptoe back toe the bedroom. I brush my teeth, comb my hair, apply my make up, study grammar, study Spanish, look at Facebook, play a phone game... get bored... and poke Ben. He grumbles off to the shower, and I make the bed. 10am, we make our way down the uneven stairs... Have you ever wondered what it would be like to wake up and find you were the last person left on earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment